Saturday, October 24, 2009



Here's that little journal quilt I mentioned last week. The challenge was to create a journal art quilt inspired by one button. It's a whole cloth piece with machine applique and word transfer with one tiny old button in the centre. The larger image should be more readable, but I wanted you to get an idea of the whole piece. The words are some prose that I wrote about my quilting friends. They read as follows; Once in a while you meet a quilter who selflessly sets her project aside to share her passion, wisdom and love of the craft just when you needed encouragement the most. She makes you feel as if you could take the tiniest little old tattered button and make it shine. Her words wrap you in a warm soft quilt of pure sweetness. I took this up to show and tell at my quilt guild last week and read it aloud to thank all of my wonderful quilting friends for their support.

No comments:

Post a Comment