Friday, January 1, 2010


Hooray, all gifts are given and the reactions were priceless. Sometimes I think I could sew a sloppy silly thing and it would be well loved just because I made it. That's how wonderful my family is. I am finally in a position to post my last 3 private commissions. I had so much fun making them and they all sold very quickly so I am very pleased. This first one has fabrics ranging from linen, silk and polyester to cottons and batiks. I used a very loosely woven cotton and pulled out layers of thread to create a grassy effect. I top stitched the fabrics in place with a blind applique stitch and then quilted it using x's, random stars and stitches as well as couching to hold the smaller grassy edge in place. The sun is a wooden button with sunrays in a chain stitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment