Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Tiny Fingers, Tiny Toes

My sewing machine has been taken over by my son today. A wonderful part of my day, every day is that my son rushes downstairs after school to see what I'm working on in my studio. He often sets up his homework on my business desk while I whisk away tasks at the sewing machine. Today, though, was a bit different. The moment he walked in the door he called me upstairs with an urgent plea to "make a craft, something to sell so I can save money to buy things."
This little idea had been mulling over in his brain since the day before when I explained that I was making  baby blankets to sell at the upcoming quilt show boutique.

By the time he finished his homework, I had an idea of what he could make for the boutique. I found some 5" leftover backsplash tiles so we embarked on a project to put quilted covers on them to make into coffee coasters. We made wonderful progress, getting them cut and sorted and the first bits sewn. Here are a few quick shots of his tiny fingers and toes at my sewing machine.


So cute! I'll keep you updated over the next few weeks as to how his project is going. We have plenty of time since the show is not until October.

No comments:

Post a Comment