Sunday, July 15, 2012

Beach Blanket Fun!

We have been hitting the beach so much this summer that I've been inspired to replace the tattered old beach blanket quilt that I purchased at a garage sale many years ago. So I started exploring my stash for inspiration and was thrilled to find a pile of Amy Butler bits and pieces. They were leftovers from all kinds of fun projects I've done in the past. So I pieced them into a simple offset pattern and will back them with a slightly heavier canvas backing.


I ended up with enough scraps to make two wonderful quilts but one of the backing pieces I scrounged up had a chunk cut out of he corner. My solution? Add a funky label. So I pulled a piece out of my hand dyes and penned a lovely label.


The printing turned out great but it needed more so I pulled out my Shiva paint sticks and a pretty floral rubbing plate. Once I had the gold design in place I highlighted the flowers with permanent ink and let it set. Voila, the backing fits and the quilt has that all important label!  Happy Summer!


No comments:

Post a Comment