Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Tuesday Preview - CQT Episode # 61

This week's preview is short and sweet with a mobile post from my phone. (I still think it's so cool that I can do this.)

I was inspired this week to write the podcast when I found a lovely little bin of 12 fabric-filled baggies, each with their own set of instructions. They have been buried in the back of a cupboard, tucked away for years. We've only been living here for 3 years, but I'm sure I haven't noticed these fabrics for over 5 years. 


Oh, the suspense you say? Well, they are a block of the month purchased for me one month at a time by my mom-in-law. 

CQT Episode # 61 - Block of the Month

It was a great gift idea on her part and I was very excited each month to receive the new package, but I never actually felt I had the time to even open them up. I also felt like I couldn't make the July block before I'd made all the earlier months so I tucked it away and as time passed, I completely forgot it was there. 

Yes, you may notice that there are two Februaries in the photo. They are different fabrics so it must be my labelling mistake and one is March because March is missing. 

So this week I'll explore with you just what is a Block of the Month or as quilters affectionately call it a BOM!

I'm not at my computer right now so I can't choose a winner for the weekly Quilter's Corner, but I'll have one picked by Thursday to announce on the show. Good luck everyone! And if you have a story to share, send it to info@explorefibre.com

So join me this week for the my take on Block of the Month. What is it? How do they work? And how to organize one yourself or find a great one online.  

Cheers! 

Brandy Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment