Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Tuesday Preview - CQT Episode # 62

Welcome to the Tuesday Preview. Unlike other parents, I've always been slightly bummed out by my son's return to school because I miss him, but this year has been a little different. With the BC teacher's strike, my 2 summer months of a little less work and a little more play has turned into 4 months of barely getting any work done at all. So having him back at school this week has been a huge relief.

So where do I start? Looking back at how far I've come with this podcast I can't believe the topics I've covered and the people I've met along the way. It is a journey I want to keep on taking as long as you'll listen. So what I've decided to do today is listen to you. So I looked back at the episodes that had the most feedback and a clear favourite stands out. Yes, Ricky Tims was the most listened to podcast I've ever done. He was such a sweetheart. And speaking of him - he'll be returning to Canada in May to teach his Super Seminar in Manitoba at the International Peace Gardens. You can quickly find out information on that by going to Facebook.com/quiltmanitoba. And while you are there be sure to like that page. Melissa is a quilt advocate and wonder woman. I just love her passion.   

But back to your most-loved podcast, when it comes to topics the clear winner was Podcast # 8 - Inspiration in the Studio. So if you want to go back and take a listen to those 2 podcasts before you tune in this Thursday, just go to the brandylynndesigns website and click on LISTEN NOW CQT PODCAST and choose episode 7 for Ricky Tims or Episode 8 for Inspiration in the Studio. So this week on the podcast I'm giving you ore of what you want. 


Canadian Quilt Talk Episode 062 - Inspiration in the Studio Part 2

Last time I talked about setting aside time, clearing clutter, breaking down your limitations, taking on a new challenge, creating a dream board and making something really special for yourself. But this week I'll be bringing you a whole new dose of ideas to inspire you to get off your creative butt and have some fun. If you ever feel like you're in a lull and need something to spark your creativity, then this is the podcast for you. Here are a few photos to show you how nature is one of my paths to inspiration. 

Inspired by the wilderness

Me in a favourite tree at Kilvert Lake

Kilvert Lake sunset

Kilvert Lake Fibre Art Piece


AND NOW THE WINNER of our Quilter's Corner segment - Gayle Grier with a story of how she started quilting, formed her local guild and how she felt proud to carry on her grandmother's heritage of quilting.                                               CONGRATULATIONS Gayle! You have won a fat quarter bundle by Northcott Silks Inc. Northcott - cottons that feel like silk! 
As always, at the end of this week's episode, I offer up MY TWO STITCHES on Inspiration in the Studio!                                                                  
Until next time . . . dream big and work hard in the studio . . . with Canadian Quilt Talk

No comments:

Post a Comment